PADCEV Support Solutions, through the Patient Connect program, offers additional patient and caregiver support to people like you who have been prescribed PADCEV® (enfortumab vedotin-ejfv). This support helps connect you and your loved ones to educational resources and support based on your particular needs to help you manage your disease and daily life while on treatment.
When you call PADCEV Support Solutions, a trained representative will speak with you to understand the types of challenges you may be facing and will conduct a search of various independent local and national organizationsa that provide support and resources that may be helpful for you and your loved ones.
Patient Connect resources may include:
- Emotional Support
- Social workers, counseling services, or online communities for patients
- Emotional support for your family members and friends
- Logistical Support
- Transportation and lodging assistance related to treatment
- Help with other day-to-day tasks
- Informational Support
- Other educational resources about the patient's disease and treatment
- Advice and recommendations on nutrition and self-care
Call PADCEV Support Solutions at 1‑888‑402‑0627, Monday–Friday 8:30 am–8:00 pm ET to learn about potential resources that may be available.
aSupport is provided through third-party organizations that operate independently and are not controlled or endorsed by Astellas or Seagen. Availability of support and eligibility requirements are determined by these organizations.
PADCEV® and the PADCEV device are trademarks jointly owned by Agensys, Inc., and Seagen Inc.